Thursday, July 14, 2005

1960 Houseboat 35' Sand Pebbles

Tue 8/29/2006
Lynn,

Here is a brief history of my boat. Built in 1960, steel hull. Designed by a gentleman in Cincinnati named Fehl. Mr. Fehl's daughter acquired the boat after his death and owned it for 25 years give or take. Her name was Pat Fehl. My father bought the boat from her in 1986, and joined the Ohio River Launch Club, located on the Ohio near downtown Cincy.. My father died of a heart attack in 1988. I inherited the boat and the coupon book !!. I too joined the Ohio River Launch Club, and the boat has been there ever since. My Dad named it Sand Pebbles because he loved that movie. ( Steve McQueen ). It has been a party boat enjoyed by many many friends of mine. It actually survive a barge hit about 10 years ago. It was docked at the marina and a barge lost power, causing a chain reaction of hitting my boat and two others, causing major damage. But the old Tucker survived. I really enjoy it, but as it gets older, I don't take it out very much.
The generator is a 1 KW Kohler, it has 2 Chrysler flat-head 6 engines, and I still use the original refrigerator !!
I loved your website and will keep reading more from it. Expect a photo in a few days and many thanks again.
Steve Ballard432 SouthviewCincy 45219
513-315-3839





steve ballard said...
hello,my name is Steve Ballard. I have a 1960 Tucker with a steel hull. 35 feet. docked at the Ohio River Launch Club. I have owned it since 1986. my friend forwarded this website. Very cool. I know the entire Tucker family well, especially Mike, Tom, and Chris.Would love to talk to you some morebearcatflea@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment